JDS Slideshow – A responsive, touch enabled, ajax slideshow plugin for jQuery and require.js
JDS Slideshow is a responsive, touch enabled, ajax slideshow plugin/module for jQuery and require.js. After writing 100 different cyclers and slideshows I decided to create a unified version that can handle a lot of different scenarios. I thought this could be helpful for others too, so I decided to release it for anyone to use.
(licensed under the MIT license)
The main benefits of the slideshow are:
- It’s responsive and works with touch swipes on tablets and phones.
– Minimally styled, easy to fit into any project.
- Standard slideshow features, but not too many features.
- Infinite looping (optional in the future)
- Pagination (optional)
- Auto Advance (optional)
- Ajax loading (optional).
- Can send the script a json object and the slideshow will build itself
- Images are loaded in a non-blocking pattern
- Plugin-ized for jQuery, module-ized for require.js.
I have written documentation here:
I have found out that writing documentation is really hard, and what is clear to me may not be clear to you. So if something is not clear or you can’t quite get something to work you can email me here: jd[at]joeydehnert.com. I will reply and help as time permits.